Are you the proud owner of a hot tub? If so, you’re likely all too familiar with the joy, relaxation, and entertainment that it can bring to your lifestyle.
While soaking inside a hot tub regularly can improve both your health and lifestyle in numerous ways, you shouldn’t stay inside the jet-driven water all day.
In fact, there are a few guidelines on how long you should use the hot tub at once. In this article, we’re going to answer the long-awaited question of how long you can stay inside a hot tub.
5 Guidelines to Follow When Staying Inside a Hot Tub
- As a general rule of thumb, you should aim to stay inside a hot tub for 30 to 60 minutes. How long you stay inside your hot tub will depend on a few factors, including your health, tolerance, and personal preference.
- If you have a medical health condition, speak with your healthcare provider before engaging in regular hydrotherapy treatments. This will help to ensure that hydrotherapy will not interfere with your health condition or treatment and that you soak for the perfect amount of time to improve your health.
- Not everyone can soak in a hot tub for the same amount of time. If you are a new spa owner, soak in small increments to explore and build your tolerance. We suggest soaking for 15 minutes with the water set to 98-100°F (36-37°C) and gradually increasing both the temperature of the water and the time that you soak.
- Pay close attention to how you feel during and after your hydrotherapy session. If you begin to feel nauseous, lightheaded, or uncomfortable in any way, exit the water and take note of how long you were in the hot tub. The next time you soak, exit the water 5-10 minutes before to ensure you enjoy your experience from start to finish.
- On days that you plan to use your hot tub, ensure that you are drinking enough water and eating a balanced diet. This will help to ensure that your body is full of energy and hydrated, paving the path to a wonderful hot tub experience.
Top 7 Benefits of Safely Using a Hot Tub
Determining how long you can use a hot tub is essential, as proper hot tub use can lead to a range of health and lifestyle benefits. By using your hot tub properly, you may experience the following:
- Improved sleep patterns
- Better use of outdoor space
- Reduced feelings of stress
- Eased joint main
- Reduced muscle tension
- Get fresh air
- Improved post-recovery
To learn more about the health benefits of hot tubs, speak with our experts at Paradise Valley Spas today. One of our team members would be more than happy to assist you with any questions that you may have.
Paradise Valley Spas
We hope that this article has helped to answer the question of how long you can stay inside a hot tub. As mentioned, it’s essential to pay attention to how your body feels while you’re in the tub and to exit the water if you begin to feel any discomfort.
It’s also essential to remember that different people have different preferences, so what works for one person may not work for another.
Is it time to give your backyard and lifestyle the refresh that it deserves? Get in touch with our experts at your local Paradise Valley Spas showroom to browse hot tubs for sale.
Our team can help you find the best hot tub for your lifestyle and complete the installation with high-quality hot tub accessories. We look forward to hearing from you!